The Science of Search
SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING | INFOGRAPHIC
Most firms would agree the primary goal of their website is to generate contacts. But do you know how potential clients actually find your website? It’s a complex process.
Decipher the science behind how legal consumers are searching – and how you can position your firm’s website to be found. Check out FindLaw’s The Science of Search infographic below.
- Search traffic only accounts for about half of the overall traffic to a law firm’s website. The importance of Direct and Referral traffic should not be neglected.
- Much of search traffic is due to branded search queries. However, non-branded search represents the unclaimed territory of search results, with 30% of overall website traffic.
- A large percentage of non-branded search traffic is research-oriented with no clear intent to find an attorney. Such queries still generate a significant number of contacts.
- Traffic from head-term phrases contributes very little to most firms’ total traffic at 0.4%. About 1 of 250 visits and 3% of contacts come from head-terms.
- Most contacts to a law firm comes from long-tail searches. A strategy focused on long-tail queries and branded search will be more cost efficient for most firms.
- Implement a broader, integrated marketing program that leverages emerging marketing opportunities like social media, local search ands a strong mobile presence.
Want to learn more? Download the white paper
Free Whitepaper: The Futility of Chasing Silver Bullets
What Search Techniques Unlock Law Firm Website Success?