Is FindLaw worth it? Read this and decide for yourself.
As most attorneys know all too well, online marketing is crucial if they want their firms to be successful. Gone are the days when potential clients would find attorneys solely in the phone book. Clients today now turn to social media and search engines like Google and Bing when they have legal problems. And if they can’t find your firm online, there’s a good chance you won’t land them as clients.
But knowing you need online legal marketing is only the first step — you still need to actually do it. And if you’ve been scouring the internet looking for help with your firm’s legal marketing, you’ve likely noticed one name popping up time and time again: FindLaw.
Why do you keep seeing FindLaw? There’s a good reason. Not only is FindLaw an industry leader for legal directories, it also offers innovative marketing solutions for law firms of all sizes — meaning the experts at FindLaw can help you with virtually every aspect of your online marketing, from website creation to social media, and everything in between.
But is FindLaw worth it? Well, that depends on whether you want new clients to find you before the competition. The answer should be clear — but if you still aren’t convinced, read on.
Law firms need more than just websites — and FindLaw delivers
If you want to effectively market your firm, you can’t just slap up a website and expect clients to come pouring in. Not only must your website be built correctly, but it also needs to be attractive and contain well-written content. And even after the website is live, there are several more marketing tactics you need to consider if you hope to stand out from the crowd.
In fact, a comprehensive legal marketing strategy often includes the following:
- Responsive website: A website is the first step to marketing your firm online. As mentioned above, it needs engaging content as well as an intuitive, attractive design. It also needs to be responsive, meaning it adjusts to each individual user based on their behavior, platform, and screen size. That way, clients will see the best version of your site regardless of whether they are using their desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): In the most basics terms, SEO is the process in which your firm’s website and content are optimized so that it shows up when potential clients search for legal help or guidance. While there are many technical aspects involved in optimizing your website, the goal is very simple: You want your firm to appear before your competitors when potential clients run searches on Google, Bing, or other search engines.
- Social media: Some polls estimate that almost half of potential clients use social media to evaluate professional services, including attorneys. And if you don’t have a social media presence, they can’t validate that you are the right firm for them — meaning they may move on to the next firm.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: Have you ever noticed the ads right at the top of the page after you run an online search? Well, those are paid ads. By paying for those slots at the top of the search results, you can guarantee that potential clients are exposed to your brand, ahead of your competitors.
- Legal directories: When potential clients visit a legal directory, it’s often because they need an attorney right away. Their legal concerns are urgent, and they have to contact a lawyer for help immediately. In fact, visitors referred from FindLaw.com’s directory are three times as likely to contact a firm than visitors referred by Google. But if you aren’t on these legal directories, those potential clients may not even find you.
Not only can FindLaw help you with everything listed above — and much more — but unlike most online marketing companies, FindLaw provides marketing solutions only to law firms. This means that FindLaw understands how legal consumers operate and how to market to them.
Knowing this, do you still want to hire the other guy to just build you a website? Sure, they may promise results, but do they have decades of experience actually delivering on these promises? Because FindLaw does.
Ok, but is FindLaw credible?
Where does one even start to answer this question. Sure, FindLaw has won literally hundreds of awards over the years for their custom built and impeccably designed websites. And yes, FindLaw is a Premier Google Partner and Bing Partner — not to mention the National Law Journal named FindLaw #1 in Social Media Consultancy.
But the truth is that this blog could go on and on listing FindLaw’s many accomplishments, accolades, and qualifications, and it would still pale in comparison to the many reviews and success stories of current FindLaw customers. Spend some time reading what FindLaw customers have to say, and you will quickly learn why thousands of law firms throughout the United States have trusted FindLaw as their legal marketing partner.
By now, you probably know the answer to whether FindLaw is worth it. But if you still have your doubts, schedule an appointment with your local FindLaw consultant and find out how FindLaw can help your firm succeed. You have nothing to lose — and you may even learn something new about legal marketing.