3 tips for your law firm web marketing
Web marketing is constantly changing. With every update to Google’s algorithm, there are new tactics to use and potential changes to make to your marketing strategy. As consumers become savvier, you need to ensure your marketing provides a top-of-the-line experience. As your competitors build their marketing prowess, so must your firm.
Competing online today is not the same as it was even two or three years ago. It is important to stay on top of trends and ensure your marketing can reach consumers in the right place and at the right time.
So what can you do to ensure your law firm web marketing is top-notch in today’s environment?
1. Make sure your website SEO is on point
In order to be found online, search engine optimization (SEO) is essential. SEO helps search engines, and the people who use them, find you online.
Gone are the days of stuffing your site with keywords to show the search engines that you are relevant. Today’s search engines have gotten smarter and want to provide searchers with relevant and trustworthy content. To demonstrate this, you need:
- Authoritative content – This isn’t about publishing law journal articles on your site and impressing your peers with legalese. Instead, you want to have content that is easy for users to understand and answers the basic questions they have about who you are and what you can do for them.
- Credible links – Links to your website from already trusted sources can help show the search engines – and your future clients – that you are a firm they can rely on. Getting links from local publications, chambers of commerce, and bar associations is a good place to start.
- The right coding – While having a beautiful design is important and can build your brand, the code beneath the surface is equally important. You need to ensure that every page has proper tags so search engines can easily scan the information and serve up your site easily to potential clients.
2. Use paid marketing to make your brand visible
When your website is new or you are in a competitive market, it can take time for your site to rise in the ranks online. You can supplement this with paid advertising.
There are two types of paid advertising that can help you build your brand and bring in clients. First, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising allows you to buy ads directly on the search engines. Your ad will display above the regular search results and showcase your firm before your competitors.
Second, there are paid social media ads. It can be difficult to promote your firm in social media to future clients organically. But when you pay for an ad on social media, you can choose the types of individuals you want to see your ad. This lets you craft social posts that are geared towards their needs and puts your firm’s brand in their minds.
3. Use local marketing tactics
It would be impossible for your firm to compete with every other law firm in the world online. Luckily, Google tailors its results for users based on their location. In order to take full advantage of this, you need to use the tactics and practices that are central to local search marketing.
First, you need to ensure that your Google My Business profile is set up with all of the correct information for your business. This allows Google, and other search engines, to know where you are located and provide information in maps and search results about your firm. Legal consumers online have come to expect accurate and complete information about hours, locations, and more when they search for information. Make sure your profile has all of this in order to meet their needs and ensure they can contact you.
Having the correct information in your Google My Business profile will get you only so far, however, if your information is inconsistent online. You need to make sure you have NAP consistency. NAP stands for name, address, and phone number. These basic pieces of information should be consistent across all of your online marketing, including Google, social media, your website, and any directory listings.
Whether it is through SEO, paid ads, or local search tactics, it is important to stay on top of your marketing and adapt to new trends. At FindLaw, we provide you with fully integrated solutions to your marketing needs so you can rest assured that future clients can find you online.