At FindLaw, our Lawyer Marketing team has a breadth of experience we believe is unequaled in the marketplace. Not only do we bring our customers a broad range of products to help them establish the kind of digital media marketing plan that brings them results, we bring a depth of knowledge within each product that can take our customers places no one else can.
FindLaw’s FirmSites are the keystone of a firm’s digital media marketing plan, and FindLaw brings a deep understanding of what makes a FirmSite website really work. Just one example of this is our SEM team. FindLaw’s SEM team is constantly monitoring new trends and developments in online marketing, and using that knowledge to better serve our FirmSite clients. Here are a few of the current top trends that FindLaw’s SEM team has identified:
- Social Media Optimization: Search engines such as Google and Bing have integrated social search to show results that are more personally relevant. Google looks at many signals to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, including social signals from Google +1 and other social media services.
- Local Optimization: Google Place Pages play a prominent part in the search results, so having an optimized profile is essential for any locally-focused firm.
- Site Speed Optimization: Site speed is now a factor in search rankings. Site speed has always been important to site visitors who will quickly back out of a website that takes too long to load and now, search engines are factoring that experience into search results.
- Advanced Video Optimization: YouTube and video sites were virtually untouched by Google’s recent Panda updates. Video sitemaps should be used as well as testing a variety of videos in order to optimize visibility in search.
- Competitive SEO: SEO is now a big part of most companies’ marketing plans. SEO teams should know it is essential to gauge the competition and decide what share of the market can be effectively tapped, and which portions won’t provide the return firms are looking for.
Of course it is not enough to know what the trends in online marketing are, you have to know how to make them work for your clients. It is just this blend of insight and expertise that the FindLaw SEM and Marketing teams bring to our clients. Our clients know this, see the results and spend less time marketing, and more time practicing. And that is a trend that works for everyone.
— Brian Kleisner, Director, Search Engine Marketing
with Tanya Roth, FindLaw Audience Team