With all the options out there, does anyone listen to the radio anymore? Surprisingly, yes. According to a recent survey by Arbitron, 92% of consumers ages twelve and up listen to the radio on a weekly basis. With that number in mind, it is no wonder why so many of our lawyer marketing clients have experienced tremendous success advertising on the radio.
Still need some convincing that radio is an important part of your lawyer marketing efforts? Here are 5 reasons that should help you make up your mind:
- Radio makes you human – Hearing your voice (or even a hired voice) talk about your firm makes you come off as an approachable person that listeners are able to make an immediate connection with.
- Radio forces a listener to be active – Unlike other forms of advertising, radio is a much more active medium that the consumer will be more likely to remember. The listener must construct the scene or situation described in the ad, a process known as mental visualization.
- Quick turnaround time – With today’s simplicity of radio production, you can be on the air in your target market offering your services in a matter of days — this is an especially valuable advertising advantage if you practice an area of law that involves news-worthy events like an oil spill.
- Affordable production – Depending on how you produce it, a radio ad can be relatively inexpensive to create.
- It’s very measurable – Smart radio ads use unique tracking phone numbers so attorneys can see how successful their ads are.
At FindLaw, we can make radio a part of your law firm’s marketing plan and ensure your online andoffline efforts run in harmony. Contact your local consultant today to learn more!
– Linda Palecek, Director, Product Solutions,
with Laura Strachan, FindLaw Audience Team